Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

Today we took the kids to view the cherry blossoms at a pavilion on top of a hill with many stairs. There were a lot of other schools there, I'm glad our kids had on their uniforms.



It was very lovely. I really like the flowers, they are so pretty!



Me and Stephanie with her morning kinder girls. I did art with them today. I printed out a picture of a cherry blossom and had them fill it in mosaic style with bits of green, pink, and yellow paper. It went really well. The girl hanging on to me is Annie, she is one of my favorites because she always says "HI teacher!" to me all day long.

Many (older) Koreans are very weary of the sun.. when you see them out they wear large visors, scarves, gloves, long sleeves, pants and sunglasses. The face mask is so they won't get or pass any germs. Face masks here are quite common for all ages and they come in all sorts of patterns other than the boring white one this lady is wearing.


Here are 4 of my PK6, they are building towers... something they love to do if we manage to finish all their work or if I give in because I'm tired of them asking. Richard, Stella, Steve, and Brian.



Tonight I start tutoring the director's daughter from 9:30-10:30pm.. This is really late for me, I usually go to be around 10 after I shower. From now on I don't have to be at school until around noon though, so I guess it evens out somewhere... I hope I get a morning kinder soon so I won't have to worry about private tutor and art and music anymore.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! And your blog is very interesting.

    Is the food hard to get used to? I see that you ate bugs and snails. Are you normally open minded about food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mishane! Thanks for the compliments.

    I really like the food here. I've always been adventurous about trying new foods, and there is so much to try here! Somethings can be really spicy hot though, like kimchi.. However every place makes it a little differently so its important to taste and see :)

    ReplyDelete