Monday, March 30, 2009

goodbye New Orleans, annyeonghaseyo Gangneung

Dearest friends, family, and visitors.

In just a few hours I will be setting off on an amazing journey. I will be teaching English and living in South Korea. The city that I choose is called Gangneung, it seems like a very special place with beaches and mountains nearby. I will be working for a private language school ("Hagwon") called LCI Kids Club. I obtained this job through English Apple agency, they were a pleasure to work with and I whole heartily recommend them to anyone thinking about teaching in Korea.
I'm not too sure on how everything is going to work out once I get there, I'm taking an incredible leap of faith and I hope that this will turn out to be a good decision. At the very least, I'll get to see a part of the world that I have fantasized about since I was 10.
I want to keep this short, I have precious few hours to sleep before my 6:30am flight. I will be traveling for 24++ hours before I reach my final destination. I will keep everyone updated, check back soon for the next edition! I love and miss everyone already.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is John-Paul and I have had a very hard time trying to find out information about English Apple. I was wondering how they are as a recruiting company. I already had my interview with them, I just wanted to get some insight from someone that has gone through their program. You can email me at cheynejl@hotmail.com or just post on your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John-Paul. English Apple was very good to me. They were patient and answered my emails quickly. I still get emails from them every now and then asking how things are going. They set me up in a really nice school in a wonderful city. Keep in mind that every situation is different and where you end up is a roll of the dice. Try to keep an open mind and a positive attitude, Korea can be a little frustrating sometimes and contracts are more like guidelines here than how we consider them back home. I really recommend going with English Apple, I didn't have any problems with them and I feel that they would there to help if I needed it.
    Let me know if I can help with anything else!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete