Thursday, May 7, 2009

pre-weekend special edition

This is from back in the days when I was the art/music/exercise teacher.








I'm not any of those things anymore. I started teaching, or should I say babysitting, a Korean age 4(real age 3) year old boy on Monday. I showed up ready to do art, but got him instead. Things change so fast here and I'm always the last to know. I was just getting used to doing art and music but now its over. I'm really going to miss the kids fighting over what songs they want to sing with me on accordion. Oh well. Now I get to hangout in the playroom all morning and have snot and boogers wiped on me. He's also put a stop to me being able to wear skirts and dresses to school... he lifts them up or looks under them, but only in front of other people.. Yep, embarrassing.


Here are some action shot pictures from Children's Day at the school. That little guy in the yellow sweater on the left is my new student.









Here is a picture from the soccer game with 3 of our newest and drunkest Korean acquaintances. Those aren't victory/peace signs.. they are bunny ears! haha! We showed them.


For our holiday on Tuesday, us teachers were out late on Monday. Steph, a new friend from South Africa, and I went to the beach after awhile, more and more people kept dropping by until it was an improptu beach party.
It was a really lovely night, it wasn't too cold or windy. We stayed there for a very long time watching the sea and enjoying each others lives. It was a great night. Towards the end of the night I had to use the bathroom badly so we went to a restaurant. I did the peepee dance and they showed me the toilet. When I came out my friends were sitting around a table with 2 wasted Korean men. They invited us to sit, so we sat with them, drinking and eating until we exhausted the few things that both parties could say in English/Korean, which wasn't much but the conversation lasted for at least an hour. When we left the sun was coming up. Sunrise here is so wonderful. I can't believe we made it to the sunrise. We did sunrise victory poses.




I got paid for my past 2 paychecks in cash tonight (since I don't have a bank account yet). I feel like a playa! Steph and I are going to Seoul tomorrow until Sunday. Going to be SO much fun! We actually have a plan this time and people to stay with and things to do.


Holla at ya Seoul! Me and my Won are comin' to town!

No comments:

Post a Comment